1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
2-3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons peach pepper jam
1 tablespoon cool water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a bundt pan and coat with white sugar. (I was worried this would make it stick but it didn't)
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in vanilla. Reserve 1/4 cup of flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, backing powder and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
3. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. This time is accurate for a conventional oven NOT convection. Mine was perfect at 60 minutes.
5. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack or cake stand for cooling.
While the cake is cooling you can make the icing. Whisk together the powdered sugar, peach jam and water. Add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you like your icing. I like mine fairly thick but still able to drizzle down the sides of the cake.
6. When the cake is completely cool, drizzle on the icing. DO NOT skip the cooling part. If your cake is warm the icing will just melt everywhere.